Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities (NEFIN) Climate Change Partnership Program is seeking applications for the position of Documentation Officer:
Experience: Minimum 7 years
Duty station: Most of the time in field area Shankhuwashabha, and Kathmandu office
Position: Documentation Officer (1)
Duty start date: March 22, 2020
The Documentation Officer will be responsible for the following tasks.
• Work closely with the National Coordinator, FPIC Expert, GESI expert and team members to ensure that the project documentation and reports are produced both in Nepali and English qualitatively within the appropriate time frame and inline wiht work plans, objectives and approaches.
• Work closely with the field teams and assist FPIC Expert & GESI Expert during field trips, community consultations and meetings.
• Prepare field notes and report.
• Ensure all reporting and documentations are maintained as required.
• Produce at least five (5) reports in Nepali English language in one year time.
• Undertake regular analysis and assessments of the field activities.
• Undertake any other task for ensuring smooth delivery of the project.
• Take photos, videos, records and notes of the FPIC processes.
• Assist Experts to develop questionnaires, check list, letter and necessary documents.
• Masters in social science or in other relevant disciplines.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience with NGO/INGOs in documentation and or report writing of project activities.
• Documentation and report writing skill both in Nepali and English.
• Communication and record keeping skill in written, spoken in Nepali and English.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet etc).
• Must be Nepali citizen and indigenous nationality.
• Willing and interested to work with indigenous peoples.
• Able to walk in remote areas.
• Familiar with indigenous peoples’ issues and rights.
• Knowledge about FPIC concept and processes.
• Strong spirit of team work.
• Efficient in Bhote and Rai languages will be added advantage.
• Women, youth and indigenous peoples from the most marginalized groups are highly encourage to apply.
Term: Minimum 1 year
Interested candidates may apply for the vacant designation sending their CV, clear photograph and a cover letter to e-mail address, [email protected] no later than March 15, 2020.
Please note that this is an emergency recruitment and will close as soon as we find the suitable candidate for this position, even before the closing date. Travel and other associated expenses related to the selection process have to be borne by the applicants themselves.