Vacancy: Admin and Finance Officer
Based: Kathmandu, Nepal
Reports to: National Coordinator
Applications close: December 26, 2017
Commencement: As soon as possible
Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities (NEFIN) established in 1991 has its Climate Change Partnership Programworking in climate change, natural resources and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) vis-à-vis indigenous peoples’rights. NEFIN Climate Change Partnership Program is seeking application for the position of Admin and Finance Officer.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Budget: Develop, prepare, monitor and report project-based budgets.
• Financial reports and projections: Prepare monthly financial statements and projections and quarterly reports.
• Payments and expenditures: Ensure that all payments and expenditures are properly authorized and allocated, and accurately effected and entered.
• Contract management: Ensure effective contract management, including preparing invoices, maintaining accurate financial records, and preparing financial reports and acquittals for donors in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Donor’s reports: Prepare financial reports for donors based on their financial reporting format
• Banking: Prepare monthly reconciliations of accounts.
• Audit: Prepare and help for the annual audit process in conjunction with the National Coordinator and independent auditors.
• Other: Undertake such other tasks as are necessary for the effective operation of the Program.
The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for budgeting and financial reporting within NEFIN Climate Change Partnership Program. Working under the supervision of the National Coordinator, the Finance Officer will also work very closely with Program Officers in relation to all financial aspects of the Program’s project activities, including development of budgets and prudential, timely and accurate financial management and reporting.
• Minimumbachelor degree in accounting, finance, business administrationand or related subjects.
• At least 8 years of professional experience, including experience developing and managing project-based budgets and accounting.
• At least 6 years of experience working with indigenous peoples organization.
• Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements
• Must have knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply accounting software particularly Tally.
• Good command in English
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team.
• Strong work ethic, capacity to work independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
• Proven management and organisational skills.
• Strong command of Word, advanced Excel skills required
• A strong commitment to indigenous peoples rights.
Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. The successful applicant will be employed on an initial one-year contract with the possibility of ongoing employment.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact details for two recent professional referees and a passport size of photograph at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.